View Single Post
Old 22 February 2008, 05:27 PM
black subaru 06
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Averroes
As much as i want to sympathise with you, I cant. If i put myself as the dealer I would never refund you back regardless of whether i have gone ahead with ordering the car or not. Why put a deposit down in the first place, the whole purpose of deposit is more or less like an agreement between two parties. Youve paid so he doesnt sell the car to someone else or in the case of a new car you are paying a deposit giving them the go ahead to continue with the order etc. This is time wasting as well and time = money. Furthermore, I had someone do this to me when they wanted to buy my car. Infact it happened to me twice and the first time i felt really hurt by the actions of the potential buyer. He test drove the car, come to see it three times, wasted my time, loved the car and with no reason backed out of a deal. The second time i took a deposit of 300 pounds and the dude did a similar thing. I refused to give him his monmey back, he made may threat which i laughed off and to be hoenst was 300 pounds better off as luckily a week and a half later someone else bought the car.

Likewise i dont know where you stand legally but i wouldnt return the money.

Sorry if i come across a little abrupt but i hope you understand where im
coming rom

rant over
No doubt he is entitled to his money call consumer direct they will tell you the same. So you think it is ok for the dealer to get 1000 pounds for nothing i dont think so.

For the rest on here that dont want to return the money, they are dealers them self and we all know what there like crooks through and through.

What is it they say never trust a car salesman because lets face it if they had any brains they would get a proper job.