View Single Post
Old 12 April 2008, 12:47 AM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Engine Bay Carnage

Just got your PM - cheers!

Latest pics below. I've been skiving off doing anything else for the last couple of days and spent my time pricing up various options, but now I've got the engine crane hired for the weekend and a much needed extra pair of hands will be here tomorrow so I went out in the garage this evening to crack on. Looked at the radiator and thought to myself, hmmm that'll be easier to pull if I just get rid of these massive great ancillaries in the way, namely, the PS tank and pump, alternator and aircon compressor. Bad move! I've spent half the evening fiddling around with them and I bet I didn't even need to until the engine's out. Having not removed the PS or aircon completely before I'm still struggling a bit to see which bolts need to come off. It'll all be clearer in the morning I'm sure, when I'll be tackling the 'underneath' jobs - removing bottom rad hose, pulling the FMIC return pipe out of the way, removing downpipe, loosening engine mount rubbers and undoing gearbox bolts. I'm hoping to lift the engine and roll the car back out of the garage so I can use all the space as a workshop and leave the engine-less car outdoors.

Overview of whole engine bay - wiring/fuel lines/breathers/alternator/PS tank out of the way.

Close up of the block plus aircon compressor. The adjuster for the idler pulley seems to be seized and now I've managed to pull the thread off the rod so I don't know how to get it off!