Thread: gearbox codes
View Single Post
Old 05 August 2009, 05:15 PM
Tastyturbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gearbox troubles

Hi Guys

Apologies if I repeat anything that has been posted already...

I recenlty bought a wrx import which is meant to be on a 94 and meant to have been so well looked after that I wouldn't need to touch it for another 2 years. Yeah right.

Anyways, to cut a long story.... I sourced a replacement gearbox with the same box number as my car.... TY752VB3AA...

When eventually the box arrived, it had a slightly different casing to my old one. My one had the square plate across the rear, the secondhand one didn't.

Got it all built back up with a new clutch and skimmed flywheel. Gears were very crunchy to find and reverse needs a fair bit of effort. After moving the car for no more than maybe 2 or 3 car lengths there is a loud clunk, similar to a driveshaft hitting off an exhaust. The car also feels like it is dragging as if it has no neutral.... The more we moved it back and forth it appears to be locking up a wheel...

Any advice on my plight... I hope I have described this well enough as I am not a mechanic by any stretch....

I am also very worried that I'm not gonna get a box easily now too or hopefully I've just had back luck with this one.

Help