View Single Post
Old 12 November 2009, 12:41 PM
ALi-B

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I would tend to agree, there are more ugly people living in the UK; British lifestyle, and what is social acceptable is accountable for this trend IMO.

Our lifestyle is work 'til we drop, then spend teh rest of the time eating take aways and going on the lash. Or sponge 'til your fat/pregnant, eat/drink junk and just not be bothered about yourself so long as someone else does the hard work for you.

Controversial I know, but are those with low self worth more likely not to care in themselves? Same as those who are too overworked to take time out to keep their appearance and health in check?

I'm certain the number of people born ugly are no different to anywhere else. But its how we live and how we care for ourselves that makes us end up being ugly.

All I know is 20 years ago the only place where you could buy womens jeans with a waist size larger than 36" was in the USA. They didn't exist in the UK (they do now) I remember when I first visited the states and marveled (probably not the best word) at the size of women's jeans you could get. Whereas back home, if your **** was that fat, the only thing you could wear was a MooMoo. Does this mean obesity is more accepted in the UK now? I think so.

Last edited by ALi-B; 12 November 2009 at 12:43 PM.