View Single Post
Old 15 December 2009, 08:35 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stilover
Not quite the same though is it. When buying a new car. Take the Audi A3 2.0TDI for example (A car I nearly ordered before buying the Golf) There are various spec's available at different prices. I specced the S-Line. Why? Because the S-Line kit makes the car look better. Not because I wanted people to think it was an S3. Just because it enhanced the looks of the car, and because it was available straight out of the factory.

Taking a factory spec Focus Titanium and spending loads of money making it look like a ST is completely different. I too think people are mad doing this. But speccing a factory kit is perfectly acceptable.

We all want our cars to look good. If a Facoty kit gives us that, then great.
agreed some people arnt bothered about how fast the car goes, but like it to look good. All my previous cars i always went for highest spec realistic to whatever my circumstances were at the time
Like when i wanted a cheap runabout for work, and opted for 98 astra sport as opposed to the ls i had looked at earlier. Just becuase it looked that little bit better same engine etc