View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 02:27 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IanW
Snap but i am 4 days in!

I also had to google how to take a screen grab, i feel like such a n00b!!

The best fun for me at the moment is moving my PST files into either Entourage or Mail I keep putting that off ;-)
Ian, check out emailchemy. It's not free, but pretty cheap and it will convert PST into, well, mbox or Mail format (including mail 4.0 for SL). I have used it and it does what it says on the tin, and very well indeed.

As for trying to work out how to do things, pop into the Finder, go up to the Help menu and enter what you are trying to do and see if comes back with anything. I entered screen grab and it came back with a result, telling me to use the Grab app. Ok, this isn't how I'd usually do it (command + shift + 3 for a full screen shot, or command + shift + 4 and then drag round what you want, or press space and hover over a window, you'll see a camera icon, click and it'll shot just the window).

I converted someone last week and have spent some time with them setting things up, but they have had many, many questions, most are simply due to the different way in which OS X works in comparison to Windows. However, the chap in question is learning and is happily bashing away in Mail and photoshop, so I must have done something right in teaching him

As for where to go when you need answers, umm, post on here, or PM/email me. My rates are very low

Last edited by Markus; 17 December 2009 at 02:33 PM.