View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 02:39 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Wirless on my iMac seems to have packed up, but its no biggie at the minute as I use a wired connection most of the time.

My old Lexmark x85 printer isn't compatible with 10.6 - the drivers lexmark provide only go up to 10.4 - so that's a bit of a pain. I could just go and buy a new printer, but there is nothing wrong with this one, so I am just booting into Windoze via Bootcamp & doing my printing in XP. If anyone has a solution to this problem I'm open to suggestions.

2 weeks into Mac ownership, I'm an Apple convert, I still like using windows, but I'm very impressed with this machine & software.

I know what you mean about printer drivers, in my case it's scanner drivers. The aforementioned convert has some HP scanner and what a shock, no SL drivers as yet. Look at their website, states they will be available in November, look at the calendar, oh, it's December now. Grrrr. It would be nice if OS X had some generic scanning support within it. Not sure if that is possible though.

Have a look on this list to see if your printer is listed. There is a 2.2 driver update for 10.6 which does provide support for more printers than the original 10.6 release.

Originally Posted by mike1210
for info from a corporate point of view, the update service on servers is a little bugged and there have been probs with mobile user accounts also, this may be fixed with 10.6.2
Update service? Do you mean the Software Update server, ala, running SL server as the primary source for the client computers software updates?

Mobile accounts, I've heard of issues and I too have heard 10.6.2 is meant to address some of them.