View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 03:27 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Markus> Thanks for that link, sadly my Lexmark X85 isn't on the list

I may splash out on a new Kodak all in one this weekend, along with a 2tb time capsule (unless you think they are rubbish - I bow to your Apple knowledge )

Bugger, I did a search for x85 and it did hit something, now I look, it's x850

Any reason you explicitly want a Time Capsule? I've not had much, well, no exposure to them personally. From what I'm aware it's an airport base-station plus a NAS all in one, which isn't a bad thing, especially if you want to use Time Machine for backup.

You know, you've got me thinking now! I want a NAS to store content from my chipped xbox, and have it accessible to the xbox and my Apple TV, plus other sources as required. I've done a quick bit of reading and it seems TC supports SMB, which is what I'd need for the PC based things. Very tempting. Obviously not a true NAS as it's single drive and no RAID, and perhaps I want to go that route, perhaps not.

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Have you tried the import function in Preview. I had to convert a whole company to this when they upgraded to SL as the epson scanners they had had no drivers for SL. Works a treat
No, I've not tried that Chris, thanks for the heads up, I'll speak to the chap and get him to try this. In fact, I'm going to try it with my HP All-in-one thing, see if it works there too.