View Single Post
Old 18 December 2009, 12:54 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus

Update service? Do you mean the Software Update server, ala, running SL server as the primary source for the client computers software updates?

Mobile accounts, I've heard of issues and I too have heard 10.6.2 is meant to address some of them.
Yeah Apple changed it a little this time around in that you need a different addres for each OS so 10.6 points to one site and 10.5 points to a slightly different one.

Sometimes when you bind a 10.6.0 client to OD and use the software update service it says there are no updates even though I had enabled the 10.6.2 patch on the server. Some say to delete certain files and switch the service off and back on and let it re-jig and download the files again but for others this didn't work for them. Not the end of the world and hopefully should be fixed for 10.6.3

for me SL is a big improvement on the corporate side, better binding to directories (which is great with deploy studio), intergrated Cisco VPN. Extra management options in workgroup manager. Smaller footprint. Exchange integration, power on/off much better, much better finder.

Server OS also seems more polished this time around, not the best explanation I know.....

Mobile accounts seemed ok for me when testing on me home domain

Last edited by mike1210; 18 December 2009 at 12:56 AM.