View Single Post
Old 18 December 2009, 11:45 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trout
I think SL is at least 6 months too early in the market. It also seems that Macs shipped with SL do not seem to have the same problems., eg with Chrome fonts.

So what is it about upgrades? I really do not have the knowledge or desire to do a complete clean install.
I understand about the desire not to reinstall everything, as it is a pain. Do you happen to use Time Machine to back things up? I ask as if you do a complete reinstall then as part of that process you can restore your data using TM. You could also do an Archive & Install, which would move data and settings, but replace the entire OS.

One other question, have you tried downloading and re-running the 10.6.2 Combined (combo) updater? I think I've suggested that before, but want to check. If you haven't, then download it, reboot in safe mode, then run it, reboot again, then see if that helps at all.

My guess is that the upgrade to 10.6 was not perfect and there is something lurking from 10.5 and tis with the updated components is causing a problem, so perhaps a reinstall is worth a shot.