View Single Post
Old 24 December 2009, 11:21 AM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisB
I have a pair of Autosocks for my 9-3 and I used them for the first time in the Peak District on Sunday. Very impressed by them, made a whole world of difference to traction.

Off into a meeting, more in a bit...
I put mine on the A515 between Buxton & Ashbourne. I had been slipping and sliding around a fair bit (tyres are 225/45/17 Ultrac Sessantas) - I'm not sure what had been twitching more, the TC/ESP or my backside...

We'd come round a corner to a hill to find two HGVs and a line of cars trying to get up the hill. Some folks seems to have given up, whilst the few cars having a crack were going sideways and backwards on the hill.

I stuck the socks on, took 5 to 10 minutes which isn't bad given I've never had them out of the bag before and it was almost dark. Then wafted straight up the hill without any dicey moments, even completely stopping & re-starting to avoid a Golf being pushed up.

Going down the other side of the hill looked equally dodgy (long line cars of trying to get up) - no twitching at all.

I did 5 to 10 miles on mine, stopping to take them off in a pub car park once back on clear roads. Took about 2 minutes to remove them. There's a few scuffs on the fabric but nothing major at all.

Great bit of kit for our "winters" ie lots of cold / rain and a few days of snow chaos (which don't warrant a set of snow tyres).