Old 26 February 2010, 04:39 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I have driven the 150 miles or so back from Gateshead and around Notts since yesterday. Not yet gone for a spirited drive as I want to make sure the tyres are properly scrubbed in first. How many miles that takes I dunno really.
First impressions - Low speed ride over sh1tty estate roads is a little harsher than before (with my broken springs, haha), but nothing unbearable, nor does it make you cringe, nor do you get slammed about.
On faster driving it is fine and no different to before but of course a lot more flatter in turns and stuff. I did have an uprated rear ARB though too.
I am gonna go out next week for a fun drive after work. I wont have time tomorrow, the bloody wife has me down for doing family runs and all sorts! LOL.
The ride height is very similar to the Eibach springs, BUT can be adjusted to stupidly low if req'd, but it aint for me. It may be slightly lower but only by a smidgen.
The front end, now it has springs back, does not dip anything like it did under hard braking and a mysterious clunking noise I had has now gone, so that must have been related to the broken old springs. On some pulls offs, from say traffic lights and stuff, if i was a bit quick off the mark there used to be a clunk. So, although still under "testing" i feel this has gone too.