Old 01 March 2010, 05:15 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubster
Hi MaDaSS, Have you been out for a play yet? How are you getting on with the new set up?? Are you finding it as easy to live with as the old suspension, or have you had your ear bent about how the car isnt as comfortable anymore by the other half? .......
Yes my left ear is well and truly hammered! LOL.
I went out with the wife yesterday around Bakewell in Derbys. Lovely drive but the odd moan here and there. On one corner where i went around only a little quickly, talk about moan! LOL, I loved it. I wasn't even trying and she was bleating about it.
Anyway, I came home from work just now "the long way". Wow! I am impressed. I can finally agree with the comment "on rails" now. I must have had broken springs for ages. The difference is for me, night and day. With the new wheels and tyres, it is very good. I do definitely feel more road vibrations in the car now, and at times maybe a little "bobbly", its not harsh nor jittering iyswim? I drove on some country lanes and loved it. In fact, if had not got the wife at home I would still be out! Hahaha.
Revolutions alignment is superb and with their laser "gizmo" on the tyre balancing rig, that too is superb. No matter who has done my tyres, i have always found a speed of some vibration from the wheels, if only very slight. I have not had any yet with the new tyres balancing.
So over all i am very happy, but there is some low speed comfort that has been lost with the swap to coilovers.
I have not driven it "properly" as such as i am not good enough nor confident enough yet, it has f'ked my confidence as it was before.
Superb.

Last edited by MaDaSS; 01 March 2010 at 05:18 PM.