Old 15 July 2010, 10:31 AM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Hi Kev

Thanks for the answer is the SC46 twin scroll billet a direct bolt on replacement for the VF36? Also how does it compare in terms of spool?

I did not let you know of some information about the state of tune of my Spec C - it has been previously had an Ecutek map by Bob Rawle, although the only real modification at present is a TSL Green panel filter.

Although I have not had the car on a dyno, when Bob mapped the car for the previous owner they did some Deltadash road dyno runs and the bhp/torque figures were given.

Having had a previous car mapped by Bob and the same calculations carried out and then having had some dyno runs carried out which were within 0.5% which is acceptable to me, given that the ambient temperatures were higher on the day of the dyno runs.

I know that modifying/uprating any car comes within inherent risks but I would be happy to consider around 400bhp given the JDM engines plus the 6 speed gearboxes are able to take and do take more power than I am aiming for.

Regardless of which turbo I decide upon I would also be fitting a set of 650cc flow matched injectors, 3 port boost solenoid, RCM induction kit, SPT induction heat shield and a direct cold air feed via the o/s fog lamp cover plus of course an Ecutek Megarom remap with Bob.

This is something that will not be done until the end of September at the very earliest so I am not in an immediate rush and will weigh up my options.
Hi,

spool is good, not as quick as standard but lets remember its a bigger turbo, however being a billet compressor wheel its 33% lighter and more aerodynamic, so spool is still excellent.

We ran a car on the dyno 2 weeks ago, same spec as yours with a Bob Rawle map, it did exactly what Bob predicted, in this case 340 BHP, so you are in with a chance on the guesstimate being correct.

Here is a graph of a spec C car with a standard engine fitted with an SC46 Billet twin scroll turbo, it is on a meth mix at the customers request.

Name:  SC46Mattwebster.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  102.9 KB

Not bad for a direct fit unit.

cheers
Kev