Old 05 September 2010, 12:05 AM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebt
I have just thought aren't you the person that was asking about what to do with the room about a month ago??? As far as I could tell you stripped the plaster off brickwork and told the plaster he had to sand and cemet?? Brickwork walls that have been stripped will have the least suction possible and getting a render coat to apply properly will be a nightmare as you can plainly see. Most of the blame for the cracking will be on you and your decision.
With not being an expert on building work i took the main advice from people on the other thread where i asked what was the best method to plaster the room from the pics i posted below, the common consensus seemed to be that rendering the walls was the best method because of the 3 ft of grey plaster around the bottom of the room which the plasterer said was best to leave on. People were impying that dot n dab wasn't really suitable for walls that already had plaster around the bottom as its more suitable for walls that are full stripped bare.

Ive tapped the area where the main cracking is on the chimney breast and it feels solid, it doesn't feel hollow. The cracking is above the grey plaster area so its where fresh cement render and skim went on.

Here are the pics from before.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 05 September 2010 at 12:23 AM.