Notices

One wheel pokes out more.

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2014, 09:53 PM
Rex2008
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One wheel pokes out more.

Hi guys. Got a problem and it's seems common amongst most cars but was wondering if anyone had this problem on their wrx/sti hatch, so here goes.

The rear passenger side wheel sticks out slightly more than the drivers side which sits flush. Didn't notice this too much until fitting my rota grids and then the arch took some rubber off the sidewall :/ the fronts sit perfect, so does the divers side rear it's just that side. The car is straight and drives fine so it's not been wrecked. Also I have camber set up professionally on each wheel as well as 4 wheels laser alignment so it's not this. Heard a lot of answers like brake disc, hub etc. think I'm going to have to strip down each side and compare parts to see if there's an aftermarket part in there. Any help would be appreciated guys :-).
Old 24 April 2014, 10:15 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Is one of the wheels wider than the others maybe ?
Old 25 April 2014, 07:16 AM
Rex2008
Scooby Regular

I've checked that and it's not that mate. Gonna strip down both sides and compare parts. Gotta be a puzzle part that's wrong or something.
Old 25 April 2014, 07:27 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

This happened to my mate and turned out to be someone had adjusted his rear arms on one side way to much lol

This was after a pro alignment lol

Last edited by domino46; 25 April 2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 25 April 2014, 10:05 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rex2008
Hi guys. Got a problem and it's seems common amongst most cars but was wondering if anyone had this problem on their wrx/sti hatch, so here goes.

The rear passenger side wheel sticks out slightly more than the drivers side which sits flush. Didn't notice this too much until fitting my rota grids and then the arch took some rubber off the sidewall :/ the fronts sit perfect, so does the divers side rear it's just that side. The car is straight and drives fine so it's not been wrecked. Also I have camber set up professionally on each wheel as well as 4 wheels laser alignment so it's not this. Heard a lot of answers like brake disc, hub etc. think I'm going to have to strip down each side and compare parts to see if there's an aftermarket part in there. Any help would be appreciated guys :-).
ive got the same on passenger side 8.75cm wide alloy wit 225 rubber, looks like pro geometry was used for wider (0.5cm)car
I bought arch roller will sort it next week
looks like factory panels aren't the same wide approx. 0.5cm
Old 25 April 2014, 12:14 PM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

more alignment of rear wishbones as above get it checked, slight turn of the bolts can mess the handling up badly thankfully theres only 4 bones lol