ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Shout out to mattybr5@mbdevelopments

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2014, 10:20 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to mattybr5@mbdevelopments

Lots of negative threads on here recently so time for a good one about a trader on here.
Big shout to Matty and the lads at MB developments.

They've gone absolutely above and beyond with help and advice on my cars.
Fantastic advice and a wealth of experience from them!

I would never hesitate to recommend them for anything and everything!
Old 26 July 2014, 10:36 AM
netbeast
Scooby Regular

Not that I am dissing or anything, but for this post to make sense and be valid, there needs to be a little bit more elaboration.

anyone can make a thread saying that an x person is x+y good, this does not make the thread anything close to valid as far as feedback goes.

I think that the admins need to set out a procedure for threads like this, because there will always be fanboys (no, i am not referring to the OP) who will make threads like these without any kind of elaboration, just to bolster someone's rep, kind of, like spam works.

anything that does not meet a certain criteria should just be blatantly deleted.

thanks.
Old 26 July 2014, 10:38 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Lol, ok ^^.
Old 26 July 2014, 10:41 AM
netbeast
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezaworks
Lol, ok ^^.
this just comes because of the recent threads and what I see on different subaru facebook groups about the same people that are discussed in the threads here, you will not see a bad comment about certain people on there, but at the same time the blown engine cannot be attributed to anything else then the driver's own fault, seems like that.

in my opinion, this is a bit more advanced community, hence, should practice what is being preached. no?
Old 26 July 2014, 11:27 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

netbeast I see your point although you can have a list if you want,

Replying to messages/texts/calls well out of hours.
Recommendations for parts etc even though it means less money for him as he knows the car and what I want from it.
Going out of his way to sort a mapper even though he doesn't do it and recommendations/warning about others with the result in mind that it is an absolute toy that judging by other threads on here are for very good reasons.
Opening up late on the evening to drop/pick the car up and even allowing me to drop it at his house well out of hours to get the result I want in the time frame.

Oh and also dropped everything when my missus turned up with her seat with an exhaust issue which ther ordered the parts in for and offered to run her around down to the shops etc while she waited. Customer service is everything

Show me another garage who is really that helpful!

Last edited by birchy2010; 26 July 2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 26 July 2014, 12:04 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by netbeast
this just comes because of the recent threads and what I see on different subaru facebook groups about the same people that are discussed in the threads here, you will not see a bad comment about certain people on there, but at the same time the blown engine cannot be attributed to anything else then the driver's own fault, seems like that.

in my opinion, this is a bit more advanced community, hence, should practice what is being preached. no?
In a way i agree mate. But you came accross that you made the rules up on how 'thanks to a great trader' should be put accross.
Old 26 July 2014, 06:19 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have dealt with matt and i will no doubt deal with him again.
Old 26 July 2014, 08:40 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will put my ten penneth worth into the hat regarding Matty,I was after a particular one off job which hasn't been done by anybody yet in the country I had approached other more well known firms but none could give a commitment to do the job I required,Matty took the job on after I explained what I required I delivered the car to him and 2 weeks later all the fabrication work was completed there were a few issues that needed sorted but matty was at the end of the phone/txt's to give me feedback on the way the job was progressing the price was good and the fabricator he uses did a first class job I would not hesitate to recommend him and will deffo use him again not only for fabrication work but also for used parts
Old 26 July 2014, 10:10 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by netbeast
Not that I am dissing or anything, but for this post to make sense and be valid, there needs to be a little bit more elaboration.

anyone can make a thread saying that an x person is x+y good, this does not make the thread anything close to valid as far as feedback goes.

I think that the admins need to set out a procedure for threads like this, because there will always be fanboys (no, i am not referring to the OP) who will make threads like these without any kind of elaboration, just to bolster someone's rep, kind of, like spam works.

anything that does not meet a certain criteria should just be blatantly deleted.

thanks.
Some just class it as common courtesy to say thanks if they have received a service they are happy with.
Old 26 July 2014, 10:37 PM
scooblet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Can't fault Matty at all, bought many parts from him and always delivered promptly and as described. Great seller IMHO!