Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

VF28 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2009, 07:50 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VF28 Turbo

VF28 Turbo from my STI Version 6, no smoke and in working order, still on car at the moment, which will be coming off in the next few days.

Made 305bhp/290lb/ft with just a full decat, air filter on Powerstation Rolling Road and with a slipping clutch, so maybe could have made more!!!

This should fit any Impreza, and im sure on a UK turbo 2000 with a full decat, filter and a remap should see 300bhp. also its the same turbo they use on the Sti v5 and P1.

190 quid
Old 21 May 2009, 11:19 PM
first ever scooby
Scooby Regular

whats your location mate? is this direct bolt on to a JDM 93 wrx? not sure whether this would be better than my td05?
Old 22 May 2009, 08:11 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by first ever scooby
whats your location mate? is this direct bolt on to a JDM 93 wrx? not sure whether this would be better than my td05?
Spool up would be better then the Td05, but im not to sure if you would see much difference at the top end. To be honest your better off sticking with your tdo5!!

Great upgrade for someone with a Td04 though!!!!

Last edited by scoobyboy1; 22 May 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 23 May 2009, 05:54 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 25 May 2009, 07:17 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

170 quid anyone, make a good upgrade for someone who wants 300bhp

Last edited by scoobyboy1; 25 May 2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 26 May 2009, 05:46 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

sold
Old 28 May 2009, 09:09 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

This was sold to me and received today and sending straight back as the turbo impellers have chuncks missing out of them this is the 3rd turbo from here/ebay I have brought 2nd hand and had problems with! think I will just buy new now

Just awaiting a reply from scoobyboy1 on how to proceed with a refund

Old 28 May 2009, 09:29 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1uke
This was sold to me and received today and sending straight back as the turbo impellers have chuncks missing out of them this is the 3rd turbo from here/ebay I have brought 2nd hand and had problems with! think I will just buy new now

Just awaiting a reply from scoobyboy1 on how to proceed with a refund

Hi Luke,

I checked that turbo over and the blades where perfect, this was took off my car which was working last week, there was no problems with this turbo.

If you send the turbo back, I will inspect the turbo and give you a refund, I have marked the turbo in a place that no one would find but me. As it saves anyone who has a broken turbo buying one and sending me the broken one back.

Im a honest person, and would not rip anyone off on Scoobynet, I know plenty of people on Scoobynet and they will tell you that I am a honest. But if my turbo is damaged I will give you a refund.

John
Old 28 May 2009, 09:38 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Ok mate thankyou for your promt reply! I will send back to you tomorrow. I can assure you I have not swapped this turbo over or tampered with it etc etc I have only just got in from work and looked at the turbo and noticed this!
I mean no offence by this but I noticed the chuncks out the impellers almost straight away and as you can see in the pictures they're pretty obvious....

Please pm me your address asap so can get the turbo ready posting
Old 28 May 2009, 10:01 PM
Mattybr5@MB Developments
Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

i helped removed this turbo for jonny and blades where all mint on removal also had been in the car just prior to removale ov the turbo and it was mint no issus noises and still impressed me the way it sppolled up and held its power like jonny said it will be inspected once returned
Old 29 May 2009, 12:44 AM
shag
Scooby Regular

Like scoobyboy implies lots of .....shall we say scammers around. and it works both ways too, if its legit fair enough, but gotta be carefull not just buying but selling too. hope it works out fellas.

Last edited by shag; 29 May 2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 29 May 2009, 07:49 PM
sy.
Scooby Regular

NO CHANCE THAT IS NOT THE SAME TURBO!!!!! I WAS GOING TO BUY THE VF28 OFF SCOOBYBOY AT THE SAME TIME I PURCHASED THE V5 INTERCOOLER OFF THE VERY SAME CAR I INSPECTED THE TURBO AND IT WAS FINE!! DEFO NO DAMAGE TO ANY BLADES 1UKE IS TRYING IT ON IMO
Old 29 May 2009, 08:20 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

sorry but your obviously about as blind as scoobyboy1 and mattybr5 then. The turbo was covered in gunk and blackness and I used my desktop lamp to shine it down into the shaft and could see the chunks missing very easily hence how clear you can see in the pictures. The turbo has marks all over it so he should easily recognise it, lets see what happens when hes received it shall we and not keep accusing me? I have not bitten yet to all these surgestive remarks towards my character, dont push me! I am totally pissed of about this as i asked him to inspect the turbo very carefully b4 i sent payment.
Old 29 May 2009, 08:22 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

with those sort of chunks missing I am sure he would of heard loud whistling etc and knew the turbo was fooked! maybe ur 1 of his mates and were all in to try scam a innocent scoobynet member???
Old 29 May 2009, 10:30 PM
Mattybr5@MB Developments
Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

luke 3 people have inspected this turbo me on removal sy b4 you had it and scoobyboy b4 he sent it out and me an d sy have over 20year ov mechanics behind us bud so if you check all 3 ov us were all well respected on the site and have no reason too scam any 1 for a poxy 170/180quid

do you really think its worth it??

as for turbo being full ov gunk i think you recieved a different turbo completly as it wasnt bad at all when i removed it carefully

post some more pics ov the turbo full pics and post them we soon tell you if its the same turbo that scoobyboy sent you??

Last edited by Mattybr5@MB Developments; 29 May 2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 29 May 2009, 10:48 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattybr5
luke 3 people have inspected this turbo me on removal sy b4 you had it and scoobyboy b4 he sent it out if you check all 3 ov us were all well respected on the site and have no reason too scam any 1 for a poxy 170/180quid

do you really think its worth it??

as for turbo being ful ov gunk i thibk you recieved a different turbo completly as it wasnt bad at all when i removed it carefully

post some more pics ov the turbo full pics and post them we soon tell you if its the same turbo that scoobyboy sent you??
Its abit late now I posted it this afternoon. I told scoobyboy1 in pm if he wanted any other pictures taken to confirm it was his turbo and not some fake I have conjured up then to ask and to say exactly of what but he didnt reply! to me mate ur looking an absolute idiot because me my gf my brother's my dad all noticed the chuncks missing do you want me to get them on here? as I said dont accuse me entill you have seen it yourself please, your making yourselfs look very stupid and making it harder for when you receive the turbo back to admit the truth! I expect an apology once you have seen the turbo if your such a proud and honest scoobynet member. The turbo had black grime all over it and marks/scratches everywhere inc the hose mounting places which im sure also wouldnt of been good for a seal. But anyway thats another problem all together. He should receive the turbo tuesday aless it magically dissapears in a mist of embarressed red smoke?
scoobyboy1 please shut your mates up and lets keep this sensible please.

Mattybr5 can I ask you a question did you use a screw driver to prize the hose of the turbo? as there was a nice scratch all the way down the hose mount section. Mates like you we could all do without
Old 29 May 2009, 10:52 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

If there is a problem shouldn't you be sorting out via PM rather than slating each other in a public forum?

It is no wonder the testosterone levels are so high on this thread, if you want to question each others character then fine but do it in private.
Old 29 May 2009, 10:57 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

I have been accused in pm also a few times! And I didnt bite the bullet then and said politely I will return the turbo straight back for your inspection. I was then accused of other things which is when I thought it might be best to go public and show up these w*&^&* for wasting my time and money. My gfs dad has been a Vehicle Technician for like 35 years shall I get him on here aswell lol ZZzzzz
Old 29 May 2009, 11:06 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

I can understand that the chips out the impellars might of been missed because if you look in the picture its the back part of the impellar and aless you shine a light down there its blackened out from the shaft. I only noticed after shining a light down there and inspecting the impellars closely. I almost missed it myself because I was more concerned in cleaning the turbo up from the black gunk all over the hose mounting sections etc ready for fitting
Old 29 May 2009, 11:06 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Ok I see your point and in your position to be honest I would probably react the same if PM'ing did not work , especially when people other than the seller start throwing in as well.

I also have worked in the motor trade for over 17 years and can fully appreciate your position.
Old 29 May 2009, 11:09 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Ok I see your point and in your position to be honest I would probably react the same if PM'ing did not work , especially when people other than the seller start throwing in as well.

I also have worked in the motor trade for over 17 years and can fully appreciate your position.
Thankyou you've made me feel abit better in myself just from saying that lol. I should get to bed as taking the gearbox out tomorrow morning to be sent of for reconditioning.
Old 30 May 2009, 07:44 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Come on everyone, its getting out of hand a bit now. I havent slated or abused 1uke on this thread. Ive asked 1uke to return the turbo to inspect it myself I cant say fairer then that, Like anyone in the same position I cant just give a refund because the buyer said that its damaged, I need to inspect it myself.

Ive replied to evey PM you have sent me 1uke and I havent been funny with you at all(dont understand why you said I havent replied to you sending pics of turbo, didnt think you asked), so no need for some of the comments on this thread, I havent turned round to you and said you cant have a refund.

Only other thing Luke, is that you Pm'd me to say the turbo was faulty at 8.59pm and by 9.08pm you made it public on this thread instead of keeping it between us, and stopped the PayPal payment all in a space of 30 minutes!!!! there was no need to post on this thread, all it has done now its turned into a slanging match between some of the other members that no me. Fair enough if I turned round and said you cant have a refund then id understand if you made in public!!!!

I want to get this sorted, I have over 3000 posts and have been on scoobynet for 5 years and have sold 000's of stuff over the years, and never had any problems.
Old 30 May 2009, 08:07 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

1uke i am a p1ssed off as you mate, as this was working on my car last week with no problems. and when me and mattybr5 removed it, we double checked all the blades and it was in perfect working order, Now im left with a broken turbo and 170 quid out of pocket, so you can see why im angry about the situation to.

But if it its my turbo then I will give you a refund, You have already stated that this is the 3rd turbo that you have recieved that has been broken also from other people. if you had 3 broken turbo's so far you must be very unlucky!!!

Like I say i'll inspect the turbo once sent, If its the turbo I sent out then I can only appoligise, but I 100% checked that turbo, so I dont understand why the blades have chunks missing out of them.
Old 30 May 2009, 02:43 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

I feel right from the start you have been accusing me of swapping or tampering with the turbo. Sorry but all I did was take it out the packaging and start to clean/inspect the turbo. I never had a go at you saying why did not you check it properly etc etc and I never asked for a refund straight away, my intention was always to send it back and let you see for yourself. You have stated several times that you and co checked the turbo and it was perfect which makes me sound like a lier. You cant of checked it very well thats all I can say!! Why even mention about the turbo being swapped etc untill you have seen it for yourself...

Regarding the 3 turbo's I have had problems with: 1 didnt even turn up, the other had a crack on the wastegate hole edge of which I got a full refund! 3rd was this turbo.

Your twisting everything I say in regards to never replied to pm comment. What I said was I offered you more pictures of anything on the turbo zoomed out or zoomed in etc etc but you didnt say yes.

I went so cooled public so quickly because of your first comments on the paypal dispute stating you think I must of swapped the turbo and that you had inspected the turbo pritor to sending it to me and it was perfect condition certainly no chuncks out the impellar blades. And you declined the refund straight away. I was never expecting payment then but I had to state in the dispute that I wanted a refund eventually.

I therefore expected trouble from you so thought I might aswell go public. And didnt slate you, I just stated I felt like I was having bad luck.
Old 30 May 2009, 10:00 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

.... ehh wtf
Old 30 May 2009, 10:17 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've removed 2 posts that were pointless.

No need for unhelpfull input, just let these two guys sort this issue out between themselves please.
Old 31 May 2009, 12:23 AM
skid11
Scooby Regular

Sold on here, both members. one went public with a grievance and it was let to run ..your area surely mods
Thats not right
Old 02 June 2009, 09:17 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Recieved the turbo back from 1uke today, and it is my turbo that I sent out, On inspection you can not see the chunks missing from the blades, only way you notice them is if you shine a tourch on the blades itsef, but from just looking at them I couldnt see them and neither could my dad on first inspection.

I can only say im sorry to 1uke and have sent you your refund for the turbo on Paypal!!!
Old 02 June 2009, 09:22 PM
scoobyste1987
Scooby Regular

excellent to see honesty and trust paying off.
Old 03 June 2009, 05:57 AM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the Promt Refund and apology, I am also sorry the thread ended up like it did and wish you luck on your project.

You didnt refund the return postage tho...

Quick Reply: VF28 Turbo