Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

ihi vf23 turbo sti-3

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2010, 09:02 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ihi vf23 turbo sti-3

as title good condition , no play either direction pics will be added soon £150 posted
Old 30 January 2010, 10:51 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

I will take it mate if you say its good

pm me pics/detals on payment
Old 31 January 2010, 12:09 AM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

Old 02 February 2010, 06:17 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Please Read PM John, as item is Broke
Old 02 February 2010, 06:21 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

u mention the compressor side fins being damaged ? thats the pic above and when i checked they were not damaged m8 ? neither are they in the pic above ??? dont know whats going on but i will inspect it when returned ?

Last edited by johngoulding; 02 February 2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02 February 2010, 06:22 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

also if damage is apparent , and the turbo is the same one as posted 2 u then i will issue a refund right away 4 u m8
Old 02 February 2010, 08:02 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

TBH thats not the best picture in the world

Thanks for understanding this predicament we are in and offering me a refund

I have pics at work just didnt get time to post them yet, first thing in the morning though................
Old 02 February 2010, 09:16 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

i will post pics up against the originals i have in my phone m8 , as long as its the same turbo it will be ok as i know the turbo works quite well ,and obviously if everythings ok i will refund u no probs
Old 03 February 2010, 12:23 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

I looked at the turbo today as i work at the same place as Woody69 and their is damage to three of the six blades on the compressor side wheel. Its kind of hard to work out how this could of happened as you are correct in saying there is no play at all in the shaft. It is not apparent in the pic you have posted and dont think this could of been done by the courier. Only thing i can think of is that the turbo Woody69 got is not the turbo you sent.
Old 03 February 2010, 06:12 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VTR steve
I looked at the turbo today as i work at the same place as Woody69 and their is damage to three of the six blades on the compressor side wheel. Its kind of hard to work out how this could of happened as you are correct in saying there is no play at all in the shaft. It is not apparent in the pic you have posted and dont think this could of been done by the courier. Only thing i can think of is that the turbo Woody69 got is not the turbo you sent.
??? i cant see that being the case as i wrapped it in a box with polythene pads for cushioning it and wrapped the outer with a black bag and taped it up ? is this the wrapping in which it arrived mate ? please let me know as it defo was not damaged and by the sounds of it sounds like major damage ?
Old 03 February 2010, 06:36 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

this is starting to worry me now i hope i get the same turbo back and dont get bumped mate , nothing personal , just had this dun 2 me before
Old 03 February 2010, 09:02 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

I am stumped to as this sort of blade damage i think could only be caused by the bearings being worn and the blades hitting the housing. It did turn up wrapped up in a black bag and there is no play in the shaft very strange.
Old 03 February 2010, 09:26 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

God knows how this damage has happened, I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, there are to many variables................

All I know is Im out of pocket and without a turbo and John has a broken turbo coming back to him, 2 losers in this situation............. I will have to reschedule with the mapper now!

At least were communicating well and taking one step at a time Their are too many jokers on this forum and I've seen it in other threads people getting ripped off, trust me this is genuine!

As I said you will have the turbo back by Friday here are the pics on my side of the turbo you sent me

Old 03 February 2010, 10:03 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody69
God knows how this damage has happened, I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, there are to many variables................

All I know is Im out of pocket and without a turbo and John has a broken turbo coming back to him, 2 losers in this situation............. I will have to reschedule with the mapper now!

At least were communicating well and taking one step at a time Their are too many jokers on this forum and I've seen it in other threads people getting ripped off, trust me this is genuine!

As I said you will have the turbo back by Friday here are the pics on my side of the turbo you sent me

u can see on the edge of the breaks that those are fresh breaks mate , there is no way that the turbo was like that when it was sent , im sorry but i cant possibly take that back , look at the state of it eithere u are not telling me sumthin ( apologies if u are being truthfull ) or that has been damaged due to bad carriage on citylinks part ? either way mate i cant accept that back and i swear on my son and daughters life that the turbo was not like that when i posted it
Old 03 February 2010, 10:08 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

i cant believe this
Old 03 February 2010, 10:23 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

most i can do is find out if i can get u another compressor wheel but thats about it m8
the tubby wasnt like that when i sent it so all i can do is offer u another wheel as i may have one lying around
Old 03 February 2010, 11:29 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johngoulding
also if damage is apparent , and the turbo is the same one as posted 2 u then i will issue a refund right away 4 u m8
I dont want a new wheel, i want my money back!!!!
Old 04 February 2010, 01:45 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johngoulding
u can see on the edge of the breaks that those are fresh breaks mate , there is no way that the turbo was like that when it was sent , im sorry but i cant possibly take that back , look at the state of it eithere u are not telling me sumthin ( apologies if u are being truthfull ) or that has been damaged due to bad carriage on citylinks part ? either way mate i cant accept that back and i swear on my son and daughters life that the turbo was not like that when i posted it
Not gonna lie to you that was how the turbo came out of the packaging. I was due to fit this at weekend have got a ramp booked and was going on with a new downpipe that will be here tomorrow. Myself and Woody69 would have no reason to lie to you or try and rip you off but as you can see from the pics there is no way that this turbo can be fitted. I dont know how this damage could of happened even in transit it would be hard to do that to the fan blades from just a knock. I understand how you feel but did you check the fan blades before the turbo was packaged? What was the reason for removing the turbo from your car? I feel bad for the both of you cause at the end of the day one of you is gonna be out of pocket not a good situation
Old 04 February 2010, 10:38 AM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

yes the turbo was checked. the turbo was changed an 18g
Old 04 February 2010, 11:11 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

I'm going to stick my oar in here. There is no way on gods green earth the courier has damaged that compressor wheel, It has injested something or the weak wheel that is used on early VFs has broken off under load. i.e too much boost or been run without a dump valve. On the plus side I got a VF24 of another member on here and it was in exactly the same state. 3K miles later on standrd boost its fine, I am on the look out for a new compressor wheel though but unfortunately they are rocking horse poo.
Old 04 February 2010, 01:07 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

John you have till 7pm tonight to transfer the £150 back into my account otherwise I will take it to the resolution centre on paypal
Old 04 February 2010, 05:34 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody69
John you have till 7pm tonight to transfer the £150 back into my account otherwise I will take it to the resolution centre on paypal

think u have a problem mate , came home from work to find a note with '' parcel under car mats , ta ! '' in my hall but no parcel under my car mats ? im not just assuming that its the turbo but seems like it as i am only waiting on my kids car seat , which wouldnt fit under a car mat ? can u tell me which company is delivering the turbo so i can contact them to see if it is or is not the turbo , thanks

the note has on the back '' SIGMA-ALDRICH CO LTD ? but is just blank on other side with the writting i stated ?
Old 04 February 2010, 05:56 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

found out that it was fedex after phoning royal mail and parcel force first to find out who made the delivery to my address , the driver was contacted and said that he had a few deliveries in my area and would need to confirm where and when the parcel was left outside as its down as signed for under bryce and not bruce ? will pm u tomorow and let u know what he says as this is no good for me or you ?
Old 04 February 2010, 06:10 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

this is a joke
Old 04 February 2010, 06:26 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

This just gets better

I just got off the phone to FEDEX and they told me it has been deliverd, tracking number 04471411232 They will give me a name for who signed for it tomorrow morning as they need to update their records! They wouldnt leave it outside mate, somebody signed for it at YOUR address!

Speak to everyone in your flat place first to see if anyone has it!
Old 04 February 2010, 06:41 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

listen mate ive been on the blower to them and 2 start with the name that was signed was c bryce ??? it was a woman at the edinburgh depot i spoke to so if u want to phone them 2 confirm that someone has been on the phone to them about a parc el being left outside be my guest the number is 01313358800 and as stated the driver is coming back 2 confirm that the parcel was left outside please do me a favour and phone and u will know this is the truth i can even post a pic of the bit PAPER that was left lol joke
i can sell the turbo on again ( if i had it ) as a friend wanted it as his is goosed so it wasnt any skin of my back really , i was annoyed at the damage it had but thats really besides the point , i worked for royal mail 4 years ago mate when i couldnt get a job local and believe me parcels can and will be left outside , the wife said there was a knock at the door but she was in the bath and the kids were at nursery , she didnt realise that it was a delivery and i found the note when i got home lying next to my boots in the hallway ???? do me a favour mate phone , and no doubt in due course fedex will prob contact u stating that the parcel was left outside ?
Old 04 February 2010, 06:43 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

and btw , the driver signed the c bryce as i was told this b`y the woman and my wife stated she didnt sign for anything , she didnt even know it was fedex at the door ?
Old 04 February 2010, 08:13 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

I did phone them and they told me to ring back tomorrow after they have updated their records

We have used this company for years and they have never let us down, I guess i will have to contact the police and they will be in touch with you, also fedex have their own private sector which deals with things like this!

All will become clear tomorrow
Old 04 February 2010, 08:24 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

already phoned the police mate as i believe u have 2 when sumthing like this happens as fedex need an incident no from the police , u r being a bit of a dick anyway tbh do u think i am completely stupid ? the delivery driver is coming back 2morrow anyway to confirm that the parcel has went missing , plus i told u to phone the edinburgh depot as they have direct contact with parcels in my area and u would have got an answer right away if there was any problems , it will still be registered as delivered as the driver signed it as C BRYCE himself and i got this information from the edinburgh depot by PHONING THEM and asking if they delivered it and why it was left outside and has now went missing ? , and obviously it will be put down as delivered if he has done this so let me deal with it with the driver tomorow and i sure you will be the one hearing from them after stating that this has happened , as i said mate not my fault i think u are just looking 4 sum1 to blame BAR fedex .
Old 04 February 2010, 08:27 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

plus i would refer to the number i gave u above for phoning as its being delbt with by the edinburgh branch and i believe it will continue to be put down as delivered until this has been resolved so as i said mate phone the number i gave u above and u will get better answers than '' oh , we have to update our system '' as this is the branch that is dealing with the complaint

Quick Reply: ihi vf23 turbo sti-3