Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

1997 Subaru Forester S/tb 2 litre turbo. Jap Import

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2012, 12:41 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Subaru Forester S/tb 2 litre turbo. Jap Import

This is my 1997 Forester S/tb (Auto) for sale - something a little different to the UK norm.
This car is a Japanese import, imported into the UK in 2003. It is essentially the same under the body as the Impreza WRX with a EJ20G engine and TD04H turbo. The Japanese designated model (JDM) Forester comes with 250bhp (on Japanese fuel, about 220bhp on UK fuel), Standard 0-60 time is stated as 6.6 seconds. Which is not bad for something designed to carry a family of 4 round and a dog!

The Japanese Forester also comes as standard with:
•Full climate control air-con. (The seals on this where replaced and the system re-gassed in September 2011)
•Lightweight Power steering (fluid changed in March 2010
•ABS
•Spilt rear seats with arm rests
•Rear tailgate wiper
•Remote central locking
•Folding wing mirrors
•Electric windows all round
•Privacy glass (tinted windows) from the b-pillar backwards
•and lets not forget Subaru’s All wheel drive system.

Other items on this car are as follows:
•Full Subaru Forester body kit, colour coded to body in Acadia Green
•Subaru Impreza WR1 STI suspension
•Whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bars
•Whitelline drop links
•Rear Strut brace
•Full suspension geometry, (this is not the same as wheel alignment, alignment makes sure all the wheels are pointing and set as they should be)
•Subaru Impreza WRX brake conversion, 4 pot callipers on front, 2 pot calipers on rear
•290mm brake discs on the front and 275mm brake discs on the rear (recently replaced)
•Subaru Impreza WRX headers
•Stainless Steel up-pipe by Hayward & Scott exhausts
•Stainless Steel downpipe with 100 cell sports cat (wrapped with heat wrapping) Hayward & Scott exhausts (Car has never failed an MOT with this on)
•Stainless Steel straight through centre section by Hayward & Scott exhausts
•Stainless Steel custom built back box with 4" tailpipe, built by JP Exhausts of Macclesfield
•2004 Impreza STI intercooler bonnet scoop
•Boost gauge
•HDI SBC boost controller
•Walbro 225lph fuel pump
•CDF Brake Stopper
•Subaru Impreza V4 STI front seats
•18 inch Rota GRA alloy wheels
•Falken FK452 Tyres
•Speedo converted to mph, speed limiter (180kmh) removed
•Bluetooth stereo with USB connecter and hands free functionality
•Subaru Dog Cage
•Sigma S30 (Cat 1) alarm system
•Subaru Boot liner

Only ever run on Super Unleaded (Shell V-Power/Optimax or Tesco momentum 99)

Last rolling road session the car gave 262bhp and 250ft/lbs torque, this was done before most of the mods at Prosport in Stockport at 0.9 bar boost. I am assured with a remap this would be more.

With the modifications above this car goes, stops and handles beautifully and has been maintained by Autotecnica Subaru in Buxton for the last 5 years regardless of cost. With bills for thousands as parts have been replaced for preventative measures and not because they failed. I live in the middle of nowhere so having a reliable car is important to me.

•Recent front brake discs, front brake pads, rear discs, rear pads, new radiator and replacement intercooler.
•A new battery in May 2011.
•Serviced in March 2012 with gearbox oil change, new fuel filter and spark plugs.
•Cambelt and cambelt tensioner changed with 85,000 on the Odometer.
•Oil change on 25/07/2012
•Rear and front wheel bearing replaced last summer

I've owned this car since March 2004 and it has been lovingly cared for and has only let me down once in 8 years when the fuel pump packed in. It has been ultimately reliable other than this one blip.

I wanted an Impreza at the time but on driving this bought this instead as its as quick as a WRX but looks out of the ordinary.

Bodywork is in good condition but its nearly 15 years old and due to its age and a lack of care from other car park users it has a minor few scuffs and small dents. There is a small dent behind the intercooler scoop on the bonnet which is only noticeable once pointed out. Back bumper has some dog originating scratch marks from where they have jumped in. The rear spoiler also needs a sand and respray as friction has caused the lacquer to peel. I can supply a tin of paint in the correct colour with the sale of the vehicle, £16 from paint supplier. If I have time I will get this done but the price will be less negotiable if done.

MOT'ed until Jan 2013, and has passed every year since I’ve owned this car.

Road tax until Jan 2013 (£215 per year)

The car was imported with 43,000kms on the clock (I have the deregistration documents from Japan) and then the odometer was converted into MPH.

The current milage is now 105,750. In real terms the car has covered 89,600 miles approx. as its done 62,750 miles since conversion from KMH and originally 43,000 Kilometers (approx 26875 miles) before conversion.This car has to be seen to be appreciated.

Sorry, but test drives only with proof of valid insurance. Otherwise I’m driving.

Insurance for me, 41 year old in SK11 is £411 per year (Fully Comp).

If you wish to buy, please come and look before, dont buy and then come look. I am open to sensible offers.

UK collection only, I will not ship this car outside the UK and I will only ship the car at the buyers expense and with the buyers organised shipping provider, again UK only.

Please phone only from 9am to 9pm, calls outside these times will go to answer phone. Sorry!

Car is located in Macclesfield, Cheshire and is available for viewing by calling the number in the Ad or drop me a text. If I dont answer then I am probably on another call so please leave a message and I will call you back.

If you want to know more about this car and see some more history on this car : http://www.mykp.co.uk/my-cars/subaru-forester-stb/

and the full Forester S/tb specifications can be found here : http://www.mykp.co.uk/my-cars/forest...pecifications/

This car also featured on the Used Car Roadshow TV Program with Jason Dawe and Penny Mallory, in its original colours : http://www.mykp.co.uk/my-cars/used-car-roadshow/

Thanks for looking, price £2999. ono.

Tel: 07970596376 or PM me.

Old 29 July 2012, 12:50 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking Fozz mate,have a black JDM one myself
Old 30 July 2012, 11:09 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate. Love the thing but not got space for it anymore.
Old 27 August 2012, 10:21 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

now sold.