Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Classic wrx STI v4 , Beautifull car original unmolested

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2013, 04:33 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic wrx STI v4 , Beautifull car original unmolested

Hey fellas I am thinking of selling my STI , Would like a change maybe a bug eye or a Type R even something else altogether ; )

This is a great example really well looked after and absolutely beautiful, not your average thrashed subaru you see for sale

MOT JAN 14
TAX Jan 14

So hear we have a 1998 import WRX STI red top car has wanted for nothing has full service history from subaru to 62000 miles and at Audi up to now , car is only on 87100 miles a lot being kilometres before the clock were converted so closer to 60,000 ( rising slowly as in use ) brother is an Audi technician so have looked after her to the highest standard ,Stacks of paper work ,wanted for nothing

Their is not a spot of rust on the car which is almost impossible to find and goes to show how the car has been cared for, arches are perfect ,chassis in perfect condition not even a bubble showing.

All gaskets have been replaced, cambelt has been replaced , clutch replaced at 74k miles , cosworth steel head gaskets ( the best ) the car wants for nothings

Car has a Clifford alarm , tracker and a boost gauge, the subaru is not your run of the mill thrashed car, it has been a second and 3rd car by myself and the previous owner so it is completely standard and not abused only running factory 1.0 bar of boost @ 300bhp , comes with top of the line HKS blow off valve. Only mod is a straight through stainless exhaust that sounds fantastic

Interior is immaculate and as it is a imports has all the mod cons air con,electric folding mirrors etc. car is garaged every night, it has L.E.D rear light professionally done with the correct wiring and tranfformers used,two spoilers original and the very rare 1 piece that is on now NOT the cheap 2piece you find everywhere else, top of the range JVC double din head unit with Bluetooth and amazing for phone calls as a separate microphone attached to the

Only two bad points and that is the usual stone chips on front bumper as with any car and a small 5p size ding in drivers door which is nothing but being honest,

£4000

Call text ( text first because if I'm in work I can't pick up but can text )

Pm me

POSSIBLE Px but be reasonable , would swap for type R or a bug eye ( sti unless had some engine work ) but cash is king
Rhys

Last edited by Scubadog86; 30 September 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 29 September 2013, 08:25 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Bump. Had few messages but please be reasonable if offering me a swap landrover discovery td5 is the opposite to a subaru lol
Old 30 September 2013, 12:24 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

All gaskets have been replaced, cambelt has been replaced , clutch replaced at 74k miles , cosworth steel head gaskets ( the best ) the car wants for nothing

You say the head gasket was replaced.
Can I ask why?
What other engine work as been done?
Did the pulleys, tensioner etc get replaced when the cambelt was done?
What make of belt was used?
Do you still have the OE STi lights?

Old 30 September 2013, 01:34 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Hi bud. When I bought the car I had the clutch,belt ,pulleys ,tensioners and gasket replaced for my peace of mind , even thou theirs service history and cambelt replaced at about 56000 miles the car only done ,20000 miles in 6 years so I replaced the belts and tensioners and pulleys as per 5 year recommendation.
With regards to the gasket I just wanted to safeguard myself and the car, as my brother worked for Audi at the time and bmw now it only cost me the price of the cosworth gasket. No other engine work has been done its standard apart from HKS blow off

And no the OEM light are not present but a deal could be made.
Old 30 September 2013, 02:12 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Rhys, I am just being a bit cautious as the car is old (like me) and the items used and their quality are always a concern. This would be my 7th Scoob and I don't want to many problems in the near future. Also I am in Cardiff so viewing the car is not a problem but I don't want to waste your time either.

So what make of pulley/belts/tensioners where used?
You also mentioned in another thread that the down pipe was rotten, is this sorted and if so how?
You also mentioned a re-map, did you mean an ESL Board as it's a Version 4?

It's just that looking through your previous threads the car is de-catted, had springs falling off and a cracked wheel.
Old 30 September 2013, 02:40 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate I dont know where you are getting your info my car is all standard, standard ecu, standard sti suspension and wheels are are all fine.
The car had a slow puncture and after 2 new tyres a hairline crack was found top of wheel so it was fixed at reno wheel in bridgend.
Downpipe was not rotten the bracket was and yes it was replaced. I had plans for the car I.e to use on track but didnt bother.
If you are local come see the car
Old 30 September 2013, 02:42 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Oh and pulleys and belt was purchased off scoobyworld will check what make later when I get home from work.
What spring are you on about because the only spring loose was what was rusted of the down pipe bracket.

Last edited by Scubadog86; 30 September 2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 30 September 2013, 03:13 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Scubadog86
Sorry mate I dont know where you are getting your info my car is all standard, standard ecu, standard sti suspension and wheels are are all fine.
The car had a slow puncture and after 2 new tyres a hairline crack was found top of wheel so it was fixed at reno wheel in bridgend.
Downpipe was not rotten the bracket was and yes it was replaced. I had plans for the car I.e to use on track but didnt bother.
If you are local come see the car
Rhys,

Like I said I am being cautious, have been around Scoobs for a while and am very curious. This is an enthusiasts Forum with people who know their stuff, know what they want and expect straight answers.

The info I am getting is from your previous threads which you can search for on here. It's where I just found this little gem about the previous owner and the potential timebomb if it as been run on 95 RON for ages.

Hi
I bought my first subaru yesterday wrx sti v4 , and although it looks clean and tidy, cam belt replaced on 52k ( car now on 82k ) no oil as far as I can see I don't really know how it has been treated in the past what is the best next step I can do apart from a service , is their a way of getting the turbo,engine etc tested so I know its not a ticking time bomb.and the guy has been running it on normal unleaded,can I just start using normal 99 Ron
The car is standard and is running 0.9 bar so not that high really

Thanks guys

P.s if you haven't already guest this is my first turbo car

Old 30 September 2013, 03:53 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Wow dude first of all who are you, I dont know you you have NEVER seen my car and falling foul of your own standards.

1) you are on about a different car.i have had 3 since jan. This one , my mrs got a blob, and a cheap sti I bought for track which is the one that I thought was on 95 RON. But was not
2) this car is standard low miles anx have only had an issue with the down pipe that had a rusted bracket.never been mapped , engine mods etc etc
3) you have bombed my thread with all negative false info.who has never seen my car and speculating and adding 2+2 and coming up with 5

In future if u want to rant do it in private.im an honest guy who has nothing to hide. If you new your subarus and lived in cardiff you would come have a look.
Like you said you are old so maybe all you facilities are not as they used to be.
Old 30 September 2013, 04:38 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Come to the SWS meet on the 16th at M4 J30. 7.30pm.

I am sure we can discuss the car, I can have a look round and give you an option or offer. In fact I will drop a link into the Wales section and you will have a much better local audience.

Old 01 October 2013, 01:31 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

To be fair to Trooper, he is asking all the questions I would be.
You don't just 'replace the head gaskets' for peace of mind due to cost.
Old 01 October 2013, 01:44 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Oh another ' shoot first ask questions later ' guy
So I cant buy a car, replace and upgrade clutch, cambelt kit , have a service and upgrade to a stronger gasket for future proofing ,Even though I dont have to pay labour?
You might be poor but I am not I look after my cars. Get a life

Look at the car does it look thrashed,abused,modified or does it look like it has been well cared for. Spend less time trolling on forums and more time working then maybe you could afford to future proof your car ; )

Last edited by Scubadog86; 01 October 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01 October 2013, 03:18 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Look I am being very straight here. Just looking at the pictures is not a good indicator I agree but it's hardly unmolested and wanted for nothing.

1.The pictures show a partly elevated antennae - is it broke?

2.It's got cheapo Autoroute ditchfinder tyres - on a 300BHP car?

3.Scuffed alloys - unmolested?

4.The rear spoiler may be "rare" - but where is missing brake light?

5. LED rear lights that require an electrician to fit relays and rewire - unmolested?

6. Engine, interior and underside pictures - any available?

This site is full of people who would be far more critical then me but eh! "one man's munter, is another man's wife".
Old 01 October 2013, 03:21 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Oh another ' shoot first ask questions later ' guy
So I cant buy a car, replace and upgrade clutch, cambelt kit , have a service and upgrade to a stronger gasket for future proofing ,Even though I dont have to pay labour?
You might be poor but I am not I look after my cars. Get a life

Look at the car does it look thrashed,abused,modified or does it look like it has been well cared for. Spend less time trolling on forums and more time working then maybe you could afford to future proof your car ; )
Wind your neck in fella, no need for the abuse.

Pictures tell you very little about a car. Personally, I don't like the non-standard rear lights (make it look chavy) and the fact that there are cheapo tyres on the car. You tell me how that adds up with your statement of being Mr Rich?

If you have so much money to throw at the car then why didn't you just have a full rebuild whilst the engine was out? Just for piece of mind and all that.
I am obviously not as rich as you, but having a complete strip down to replace the gaskets just to make you feel more confident about the engine makes no sense. Especially when there are other known weak points such as oil pump, big ends etc.

Never in my 10 years of being around Imprezas have I heard of anyone replacing the head gaskets just for fun. I may be wrong, but as we have learnt on here recently, if you don't ask the right questions, you won't get the right answers.

If the head gasket blew or it was suspected of being on its way out, just say so.
Or if you really are super rich, stop pissing about with crappy old Imprezas and buy a decent car.

Last edited by Gear Head; 01 October 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01 October 2013, 03:24 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Look I am being very straight here. Just looking at the pictures is not a good indicator I agree but it's hardly unmolested and wanted for nothing.

1.The pictures show a partly elevated antennae - is it broke?

2.It's got cheapo Autoroute ditchfinder tyres - on a 300BHP car?

3.Scuffed alloys - unmolested?

4.The rear spoiler may be "rare" - but where is missing brake light?

5. LED rear lights that require an electrician to fit relays and rewire - unmolested?

6. Engine, interior and underside pictures - any available?

This site is full of people who would be far more critical then me but eh! "one man's munter, is another man's wife".
To be honest mate, with an attitude like his, I'd be looking at something else already.

When I sell a car, people can ask me what they want about it and no offense will be taken. At the end of the day, these questions need to be asked on these kind of cars.
They are very expensive to fix so doing your homework now is no bad thing.
Old 01 October 2013, 04:01 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.

Dont worry car is sold guess what to a nutz and scooby netmember ha ha who would have thought it.

And I dont have attitude im just getting slated for people judging a car by pictures their is no sense in that.

And wheels might be scuffed on my life why wohkl u judge a car by that.it has to be the stupidest thing I have EVERA heard.

And LED light require proper I stalling so they dont short circuit my god get your I lnfo correct first.

SOLD FOR £4000 im sure the new buyer will reveal himself soon and show you both up.

Nothing wring with areal either again really eariel.

Last edited by Scubadog86; 01 October 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01 October 2013, 04:03 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

And by the way a sti v4 is not crap

I have a sti blob and and m3.
Old 01 October 2013, 04:31 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

And by the way a sti v4 is not crap

I have a sti blob and and m3.
Missing the point completely but good for you.
I had an STI 4, a MY99 UK Turbo, an STI 3 and now a 2005WRX.
So i know that they are not crap cars. My point was that if you are so rich, why are you playing with cheap cars?

And why would the fact that somebody bought your car 'show us' up exactly? Jesus Christ man, grow the f*ck up!

Last edited by Gear Head; 01 October 2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01 October 2013, 05:04 PM
Scubadog86
Scooby Regular

Lmao im not the one who needs to grow up. Im not the one slagging a stranger and his car off when the pair of you know either.
And I might have money doesnt mean I cant buy an older car. Infact guys like you need to spend less time on forums flexing your muscles and more time in the real world.

Anyway this post is dead now the car has found a new home with a member who owns a garage and bought it for his son lucky get.

Good luck guys and next time try and refrain from being mr know it all when in fact you dont.
Old 01 October 2013, 07:49 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Lmao im not the one who needs to grow up. Im not the one slagging a stranger and his car off when the pair of you know either.
And I might have money doesnt mean I cant buy an older car. Infact guys like you need to spend less time on forums flexing your muscles and more time in the real world.

Anyway this post is dead now the car has found a new home with a member who owns a garage and bought it for his son lucky get.

Good luck guys and next time try and refrain from being mr know it all when in fact you dont.
You won't be coming to the South Wales meet then?
Old 02 October 2013, 07:19 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

He might do....just to prove that he is considerably richer that you!

Last edited by Gear Head; 02 October 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02 October 2013, 09:38 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.

SOLD FOR £4000
Did you really sell 'that' car to someone for £4k!

Lol
Old 02 October 2013, 09:57 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Don't start him off again!

To be fair, the car didn't look that bad at all. But ask him some questions about it and he gets his knickers in a twist. All that says to me is that he had something to hide.
I might be completely wrong, but that is the impression that HE gave.

Now, I might go and rebuild my gearbox. It works perfectly now, but I just want to have peace of mind. Plus I am super rich so why the hell not?

Old 02 October 2013, 04:12 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Gear Head
He might do....just to prove that he is considerably richer that you!
You mean "Considerableee richer than yow!"
Old 03 October 2013, 06:49 PM
Steyton
Scooby Newbie

This guy(if he is a guy, ie the trooper 1815), because he sounds like a girl that cant even get a **** in free brothel must be an absolute **** and I feal sorry for anybody that has ever had the misfortune to ever meat him. Anybody in their right mind would change a cam belt on a Scooby when they do not know what has been done to the engine on a car that is generally ragged. This is a very cheap process unless you are a scab that cannot afford to live like a human being. Also I would like to point that ***** that take the **** out of everybody elses cars are **** tossers that do not have a life and have nothing better to do. The trooper 1815 is probably a virgin and most certainly got bullied at school. What a ******!!!! PS my car that was only worth £1500 so you say just sold for £4000.
Old 03 October 2013, 07:12 PM
ohyainnit
Scooby Regular

I'm not taking sides here at all so please don't think I am I brought a classic 4 months ago and put it in for a service I could not find any details on cam belt so had it changed for (as the other guy says ) peace of mind it cost me £320 to have it done including pulleys etc so not expensive. The reason I saying all this is because of the hounding the guy got for doing his cam belt surely it's the first thing you do if you have no record of when it was done lets be honest it goes so has your car. Yes he is in the wrong for his passive aggressive attitude to questions especially questions that should be asked by a buyer I just don't want people to think changing a cam belt is a silly idea if you think you should. How does anyone know there can belt needs doing- they go off paperwork saying when it was last done if you don't have that better to have it done than risk it popping eh So no sides taken just think some issues in this thread are stupid lol PEACE TO ALL SCOOBYS LOL

Last edited by ohyainnit; 03 October 2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03 October 2013, 10:58 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Steyton
This guy(if he is a guy, ie the trooper 1815), because he sounds like a girl that cant even get a **** in free brothel must be an absolute **** and I feal sorry for anybody that has ever had the misfortune to ever meat him. Anybody in their right mind would change a cam belt on a Scooby when they do not know what has been done to the engine on a car that is generally ragged. This is a very cheap process unless you are a scab that cannot afford to live like a human being. Also I would like to point that ***** that take the **** out of everybody elses cars are **** tossers that do not have a life and have nothing better to do. The trooper 1815 is probably a virgin and most certainly got bullied at school. What a ******!!!! PS my car that was only worth £1500 so you say just sold for £4000.

You should pop over to our local meet like a real man would to back up his keyboard warrior skills, we can discuss your spelling, grammar, inability to read/understand what's been written.

To break down your argument and rant.

1. I asked what type of belt it was and not question why he had done it. Yes.
2. Did I point out it was far from unmolested and original? Yes.
3. Did I ask what other engine work had been done? Yes.
4. Have I commented on your parentage or sex? No, I have no idea who the hell you are, therefore you have no right to comment on mine.
5. Did I say your car for sale was worth £1500? No.

Bye bye youngster, may your bum fluff blow off in the gusts of aftermarket Dump Valve wind!

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 03 October 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03 October 2013, 11:11 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Wow!!! The car is that good that the buyer paid the full asking price.....

Bollox!

Last edited by jayallen; 04 October 2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03 October 2013, 11:32 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steyton
What the hell are you on about?
Who questioned why he changed the cambelt?

Some great newbies on here these days. This is an enthusiasts site for enthusiasts. It is not site for prepubescent ***** who have something to prove.

The questions asked were not unreasonable. The op's responses were though.

Don't like honest opinions? Don't try and sell a car with a half baked story on a site where people have been around the impreza for 10 years plus.
Old 04 October 2013, 04:09 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Bu&&er - I miss all the fun !

I must remember to have a look here every day or two.

So the meet's the THIRD Weds this month then?
Bl**dy marvellous. I'll be off the diet by then.

Time to go large again

Quick Reply: Classic wrx STI v4 , Beautifull car original unmolested