Notices

Mid Wales Run 20th July

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2014, 08:37 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone from far and wide for turning up for this run out and making it a great success.
Its always nice to see something other than reems of scoobys on these sorts of events. The weather, organisation and company was second to none.

Well guys here are some of the first edits from today's little jaunt over "Da Hills"

Old 20 July 2014, 09:00 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
I'm glad that she didn't TBH, some of the cakes end up with crash damage just going to Castle Combe so they would of ended up in a right state today and would not have been a happy bunny! I think she's just got used to it over the past 7 years or so and she always looks forward to seeing everyone.
I think your pretty much spot on there as that is how the car felt all day so another job ticked off the list
By the way, standard brake pads???
Well there were a few casualties in the cake department but in general not too bad lol

Yep standard pads, £32 specials from As Performance, originally put on last year as a temporary arrangement, but considering I've failed to cook them today I may aswell keep them on there till theyre at the end of theyre life :-D

Last edited by The Sheep Worrier; 20 July 2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 20 July 2014, 09:05 PM
SouthWalesSam
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GIBZY

Great pictures, Mr Gibbs.

I love this image ^^^^^, in particular. It's poster-perfect and it just sums up the day!
Thanks.
Sam
Old 20 July 2014, 09:11 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam
Great pictures, Mr Gibbs.

I love this image ^^^^^, in particular. It's poster-perfect and it just sums up the day!
Thanks.
Sam
Thanks Sam, Probably one of my favorites from the day. holding a 2k camera out of the window with no straps is a pretty daunting task i can assure you !!!

Thanks for the kind words
Old 20 July 2014, 09:15 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Top day it was today and hats off to the organization side of things Great looking pics there too would love to see some of that go pro action aswell.

Some brilliant roads out there was a 1st for me on them and can most certainly say not the last for me. Was good to see and chat to people I haven't met before so thanks to everyone was a fantastic day

Greg
Old 20 July 2014, 09:39 PM
SeanEP3
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the cracking route Ty! Some of them roads were absolutely nuts!

Also thanks for the members that came out for the run. Thanks for the guy in the black scoob who helped me when I got lost. Would of been game over without him!

Just got home after the 5 hour drive home!

Car is making all sorts of noises! A sign of a good weekend!
Old 20 July 2014, 09:53 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GIBZY
Thanks to everyone from far and wide for turning up for this run out and making it a great success.
Its always nice to see something other than reems of scoobys on these sorts of events. The weather, organisation and company was second to none.

Well guys here are some of the first edits from today's little jaunt over "Da Hills"

Great pics little ears :-)
Old 20 July 2014, 10:17 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

No problem guys, it makes it worthwhile when everyone enjoys the day.

Great commitment from the guys from the SE / London and I hope you all enjoyed the day, I hope you liked the roads I chose as they wouldn't have been roads you would normally have seen.

Great company from all including my partner in crime and I was glad to repay the favour for the show's you took me to last year.

Roll on the next run, now how can I improve upon this year's route?
Old 20 July 2014, 10:19 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SeanEP3
Thanks for the cracking route Ty! Some of them roads were absolutely nuts!

Also thanks for the members that came out for the run. Thanks for the guy in the black scoob who helped me when I got lost. Would of been game over without him!

Just got home after the 5 hour drive home!

Car is making all sorts of noises! A sign of a good weekend!
Glad you enjoyed the day, it was a longer run than in previous years but both roads to and from Aberystwyth were equally as good and well worth the effort and time.
Old 20 July 2014, 10:27 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder

Roll on the next run, now how can I improve upon this year's route?
Arrange some bikini clad ladies, men with they're bellys out (for the women in attendance) to be awaiting us half way on the run,get all lathered up and wash/de-fly the cars??
Old 20 July 2014, 11:10 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

On behalf of all us London boys I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for making today an absolutely brilliant day, it was a blast. As always, sensible spirited driving from everyone which keeps it enjoyable.

I didn't think it could get any better but Ty I take my hat off to you because you arranged an absolute peach of a route for us today with some truly amazing roads, I (and I know the others) thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Rob your a saint for leading the way and I thank you for coming to a stop at junctions to allow for everyone to catch up so no one was lost along the way, we did loose a few I know, but with the amount of cars in attendance that was a small percentage and by far the best we've managed over the years to keep everyone together.

And thanks to Craig for leading the way and getting us to where we should of been towards the end of the day when we got seperated from the convoy. For anyone else that I spoke to, I sorry I'm useless with names, but it was a pleasure.

Nice to meet some new faces too, everyone is so friendly when we come over and that's one of the big reasons why we love to visit each year.

Thanks again and I will post up some of the 200+ photos that were taken today once my mate has edited them and sent them onto me.
Old 21 July 2014, 12:00 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 21 July 2014, 09:09 AM
-J-
Scooby Newbie

Great run out, thanks for organising it.

Shame I lost the group as we turned around, myself and Dave in the Audi (Plus the 2 lads in the 106 Rallye) did try to find everyone but gave up at about 1pm when we realised we were still an hour from the Mc Donalds where you were all headding for.

Had a lovely drive back through Shropshire and got back towards London around 4:30.

My ears are still rininging, having a stripped out car on the motorway is not fun....
Old 21 July 2014, 11:10 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-
Great run out, thanks for organising it.

Shame I lost the group as we turned around, myself and Dave in the Audi (Plus the 2 lads in the 106 Rallye) did try to find everyone but gave up at about 1pm when we realised we were still an hour from the Mc Donalds where you were all headding for.

Had a lovely drive back through Shropshire and got back towards London around 4:30.

My ears are still rininging, having a stripped out car on the motorway is not fun....

415 kms, one tank of Momentum for me.

But much respect to you guys for the effort

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 21 July 2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 21 July 2014, 12:05 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks a cracking day ,nice pics
Old 22 July 2014, 12:28 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Aww man so jealous

Looks like you guys had fun and the weather was just a bonus for the roads you ran, wish I could have made it!

Never mind always next year the noose should have been loosened a little by then besides I'm sure Robbie could be swung in to a ride