Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

abs issue

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2013, 01:51 PM
Gavinmps
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs issue

so since i have had my bug eye Impreza the abs light has been on, last night while fitting my new rear dampers and i had the back seat out i found the the rear of side abs sensor was disconnected. so i plugged it back in and the abs light went out. i drove spot on last night but my lass took the car to work this morning and says the abs keeps kicking in even though the car isn't skiding.

For example when she has nearly come to a hault the peddle will judder.

So im guessing the sensors and the pump must be ok, could the splines on the hub be making it do it. is there any coman faults for this. how hard ar the splines to clean up?

I haven't had chance to search the forum yet as im at work but i will later. any help would be great.
Old 16 October 2013, 02:28 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

I would check if ABS sensors are OK,not dirty etc,if they're dirty(in worst case scenario can be damaged and you will need them to replace) you will need them clean

I'm guessing ABS pump will be OK too,hubs not sure,we are have similar problem previously as turned out our rear hubs has been damaged and we are literally replaced like all ABS sensor and ABS Pump and turned out,our one hub has been damaged(I think one rear one has been damaged)

Jura
Old 16 October 2013, 07:15 AM
Gavinmps
Scooby Newbie

Yea thanks for that. Im guessing the one that was unplugged will be the faulty one. I was thinking all the sensors will be ok as the light went out when I plugged the rear sensor back in. My lass said the abs was kicking in under light braking all the way to work. But on the way home it only did it once but she noticed the abs light had come on again.

I jump in after work and went for a drive and all was well again. No light. Until I went to do a 3 point turn light braking but with quitd abit of angle on the steering. So it seems I can get it to do it but not everytime. I need to get the brake disc off I think and check the tone ring. Also clean the sensors up.
Old 24 April 2014, 11:47 AM
CADpaul
Scooby Regular

my bugeye does exactly the same, no abs light (no faults recorded) but the abs kicks in when ever im coming to a stop.
drive shaft has been changed and it made no difference
so i will disconnect the sensor for now