Old 11 October 2010, 05:48 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I've had the Blue pads in for about 1000 miles now and they are working really well. My car (MY05 JDM STi) has always had great brakes since i removed the OEM pads and disks and installed some aftermarket pads and quality, but still single piece disks, so to improve on these without spending a fortune on AP Racing calipers and disks etc. was a big ask.

Now i've had time to bed them and do some miles, i'd say that on first application or in normal town traffic they are slightly less efficient than my old fast road pads, but at least match the OEM pads, they are perfectly acceptable performance in that environment.

Second application or under more load they work much better though, with some heat in them the stopping power is fantastic and they are very easy to modulate. Dust levels are OK for me, they produce less dust than the previous fast road pads i was using.

I was running these pads in my car in the soaking rain at Scooby Shootout last weekend, so you should be able to see from the result there (First in Standard Class by over 3 seconds and Second Overall, missing the outright win by just 0.3 seconds on the Handling circuit) that these pads work really well when cold and give a good enough feel in low grip environments to be a good choice for most people.

A picture is better than words quite often, so here is the car braking very hard in the pouring rain, you can see from this how much stopping power the car has if you look at how compressed the front is compared to the rear which is almost off the ground.

Photo courtesy of AndyC